Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Post the First

It's amazing how often we open our mouths only to make fools of ourselves. Even at our most cautious moments, those times when we think most fervently to ourselves, "this is an entire room/building full of people here I do NOT want to think I am an idiot," that need to express ourselves, that passion gets the better of us. And if we are smart enough, or verbally competent enough creatures, we come out relatively unscathed, or even the better, for our folly. But people like me, with no verbal (or physical) gymnastic skill to veil us, we end up nervous, our voices quavering. We are the idiots at school in the goofy silk pajamas that only our dreams can concoct for us, sweating in ways that only silk allows. And yet we continue.
Stubbornness, then, has been and will continue to be the ultimate ruling factor in my desire to write, and in the continuance of this strange new media outlet they call a "blog." Maybe i'll learn something along the way.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Dang! I may fair better in academia, but you can totally school me at personal writing. I love your use of language. Yay, Amy!

Unknown said...

You might not speak too good, but you sure do write purty! Seriously, though, your point is well-stated, and you know that I make myself foolish at every turn (as I "stutter, stutter, stutter...to the beat"). I just wish you had titled the post, "Idiots in Silk Pajamas". That would also be a good name for a band.

By the way, it's kind of creepy that your blog knows who I am because I'm logged into my e-mail account.